Sunday, February 13, 2011

Mama's Voice

Oh boy, did you miss your mama today! You were sleeping when I was picked up from work, but towards the end of the drive you had woken up and immediately started talking. As soon you heard my voice though you began to fuss. Wasn't quite sure why? So I rubbed your head and put your nookie back in your mouth. As soon I stopped rubbing you though you began to fuss again. Then I started talking to your sister and you settled down. When you didn't hear my voice you fussed. Then I'd talk again and you'd be quiet. I like to think that after you saw it was me in the car, the sound of my voice calmed you. Just knowing mama's close by gave you peace of mind. You were away from me for about 11 hours!

Today's highlights:
  • Definitely that my voice was calming you down in the car. I love that you love your mommy time. Especially when I've been away from you all day.
  • You gave me tons of smiles once we got home. And when I see your cute, little baby face I just can't help but smile myself. You brighten my days, baby boy.
  • When you were over at a friend's house, you fell asleep next to one of the girls. She's 2. You're already going for the older gals, eh? :) I received a pic of it, and it was absolutely adorable!

No comments:

Post a Comment